Sunset at Prince Rupert Bay, Dominica
Welcome to Dominica the nature island.com
We aim to help you get to know everything about our beautiful island.
We have been blessed with one of (if not ) the most beautiful and unspoilt of the Caribbean islands. It is a well-known fact that we have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And yet very few people actually know that this island exists.
Renowned for it's natural beauty and picturesque views, Dominica is the island of choice for many tourists from around the globe. Some are interested in the amazing wild life, the many activities (such as scuba-diving, hiking and whale-watching), some people come here because they want to have a caribbean wedding and have a honeymoon that will be memorable for a lifetime.
The local animal kingdom is simply amazing. The whales that can be seen around the island include pilot whales, and pygmy sperm whales. Also living in the warm caribbean waters around the island are dolphins and turtles.
What ever the reason, once you have sampled a few of Dominica's delights, you will be sure to return again and again.
Don’t forget also the eight volcanoes that are on the island. These are a source of great interest to the many seismologists, amongst others who visit every year.
Many people who need to relax, unwind and rejuvenate their minds and bodies visit Dominica, the nature island just to enjoy the excellent weather, the relaxed pace of life and the superb foods. Some come here to enjoy the natural fresh clean water that rushes down the mountains and cascades over the 30 natural waterfalls that are to be found here.
With that said about the island itself – what about the people?
The indigenous people of Dominica are the Kalinago, descendants of the Caribs and the Arawaks. They have been on the island for over a thousand years. Dominica was first named by the Kalinago 'Wai'tukubuli'. Meaning 'Tall is her body'. Even though the Kalinago still inhabit the Carib territory to the east, Dominica has since become home to Africans, Spanish, French and many other nationalities.
The food is too good not to mention (at least a couple of times !) As well as the wide selection of vegetarian dishes that are easily available, there are mouth-watering selections of meats and poultry waiting for you to try. Would you like a main meal of Octopus followed by some succulent freshly picked guava ? Of course this can all be washed down with one of the wide variety of locally made non-alcoholic or alcoholic drinks.
If you enjoy sightseeing then you will not be disappointed. On Dominica, the nature island, we have an excellent museum. Together with the many historic buildings of the island and the natural sights such as the Boiling Lake and the rainforests, you will be kept well occupied.
Please feel free to tour our website and begin your online exploration of our beautiful homeland, Dominica the nature island. We think you'll enjoy your online journey so much – you'll want to jump on an airplane and come and see our country with your own eyes.
- Rachelles Retreat: The friendliest guest house in Macoucherie, Dominica
- Rachelles Retreat. The place to stay when visiting Dominica the nature island
- Dominica Vacation
- Ready for your Dominica Vacation? Visit Rachelles Retreat, the best guest house in Macoucherie Dominica
- The Island of Dominica
- Are you looking for information about the island of Dominica ? Visit this site for an in-depth look at this beautiful caribbean island.
- Roseau the capital of dominica
- To learn more about Roseau the capital of Dominica, visit this site
- Travel to Dominica, the nature island of the Caribbean
- This page and site give an excellent view into everything about travel to Dominica, the nature island of the Caribbean
- Flights to Dominica
- Visit this page for everything you need to know about flights to Dominica, the nature island of the Caribbean.
- Pictures Of Dominica
- Pictures of Dominica are available on Dominica-the-nature-island.com
- Images Of Dominica
- Images of Dominica can be viewed at Dominica-the-nature-island.com
- Find Your Maps of Dominica Here
- Travelling to Dominica? Or just want to find out where things are? Locate your maps of Dominica here
- The Dominica Reunion 2008. Come and celebrate with us.
- Dominica Reunion 2008. Visit this page to find out all about it.
- Are you interested in real estate in Dominica ?
- Visit this site to learn why and how to invest in real estate in Dominica
- Money in Dominica currency converter
- Use the ' money in Dominica currency converter ' to convert your currency into East Caribbean Dollars
- Dominica news. Get all of the latest news right here.
- Visit this page to get all of the latest Dominica news
- Dominica The Nature Island .com Site updates
- Dominica the nature island .com site updates.
- Use this form to contact Rachelles Retreat Dominica
- This is the contact form used to contact Rachelles Retreat Dominica
- Rachelles Retreat Dominica Guest Testimonials
- Rachelles Retreat Dominica Guest Testimonials